ATL marketing stands for Above Line Marketing which is mostly a widespread brand advertiser.
BTL stands for below the line marketing which is another high targeted advertising medium which mostly focuses on conversions.
TTL stands for Through the line marketing which integrates BTL and ATL campaigns. Don’t get confused, let me explain to you clearly.
What Does The ” Line” Mean In Marketing?
Here we found that this marketing has a similar word which is a line. BTL and ATL were used in 1954 after gamble started paying to advertising firms at different rates separately from suppliers who deal with tons of promotional content.
So in this effect marketing which is more direct in nature is divided from marketing which is more broad in nature. So directing marketing is divided from high-level brand marketing. Where TTL defines integrated marketing approach which jas direct and integrate approach than traditional ATL/BTL separation.
Let’s Learn More About Them
1. ATL Marketing
Above the line, marketing is a kind of marketing which has wide reach and is untargeted hugely. For instance, a national tv Ad where Tue viewers watch the same ad which aired on different networks. This is used for developing goodwill and brand awareness.
Benefits Of ATL Marketing
- It has broad advertising mediums like international and national reach
- Radio and tv use audiovisuals which attract many users.
- It plays an effective role in brand building.
2. BTL Marketing
Below the line, marketing is known as below the line promotion, BTL marketing and advertising. It even has very memorable, direct advertising and specific activities which focuses on a specific group of consumers.
It never focuses on brand building rather than conversion. So it targets particular groups with direct marketing strategies. For instance, Google AdWords campaigns target specific people.
Benefits Of BTL Marketing
- Conversions can be pretty well if the interaction is done through how customers like. So BTL marketing strategies aim at people who offer better conversions.
- These activities are easily tracked and you can take maximize ROI.
- It provide best MROI and ROI in conversions.
- Their strategies are perfectly tailored according to certain group needs so you can adjust for certain consumer groups.
3. TTL Marketing
Through line, marketing is a great integrated approach where business takes help the of both of the marketing strategies to get conversions and to reach consumers base.
But not every marketing campaign is like TTL because some are BTL and others are ATL. So TTL helps to focus on conversions and provides wide reach.
Benefits Of TTL Marketing
- The process can be carried out in an integrated approach of using both an advertising medium for more benefits.
- Users can get personalised communication based on users choices.
So below are some of the ATL marketing activities to consider.
- Magazines ads
- Newspapers ads
Well there are many kinds of media activities which considered as BTL marketing activities
- Door to door sales
- Direct mail
- Exhibition and filed marketing
As you know TTL is a mix of these both activities.
You can never find one size fits for all approaches in the terms of marketing so ATL can be a good pick for some companies and BTL for others so everything is based on the fit of both interaction and consumers and how well your consumers read the market.