To shed extra pounds, exercise is one of the most common strategies employed nowadays. As it burns calories, and this plays a key role in weight loss. This is also linked with some other benefits like stronger bones, reduced risk of many chronic diseases.
There are many weight loss exercises that you can do at home like Jogging, Cycling, Running, Weight training, Swimming, Yoga, Pilates. But among all of them walking is among the best weight loss exercise at home that one can do easily.
It is important for weight control because it helps you burn calories. In your daily routine, if you add 30 minutes of brisk walking to your daily routine, you could burn about 150 more calories a day. So the more you walk and the quicker your pace, the more calories you’ll burn.
But, balance is important and if you are a beginner then you may need to start out with short walks or walking at a light intensity, and gradually build up to longer walks or more moderate or vigorous intensity.
As per record, it is estimated that a 155-pound (70-kg) person burns around 167 calories per 30 minutes of walking at a moderate pace of 4 mph (6.4 km/h). You can try walking during your lunch break, taking the stairs at work, or taking your dog for extra walks.
How walking can help in losing weight even if there are other options present?
Yes, there are other options in the weight loss exercise at home, but we rate walking as the better ones on the following facts.
- It is a great form of physical activity that is free, low risk, and accessible to most people.
- In modern living, you spend large parts of your day sitting, especially if you have an office job. This increases your risk of health problems. And walking burns the calories and reduce these risks.
- It prevents some of the muscle loss that occurs when you lose weight. It minimizes the drop in metabolic rate that occurs when you lose weight, making the pounds easier to keep off.
- Walking can reduce age-related muscle loss, helping you retain more of your muscle strength and function.
- Walking is an aerobic exercise which is one of the most effective ways to reduce belly fat.
- It helps to boost your mood and decrease feelings of stress, depression, and anxiety. This physical activity making your brain more sensitive to the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine and these hormones relieve feelings of depression and stimulate the release of endorphins, which make you feel happy.
- Walking can help you keep weight off. According to the recent review, to maintain a stable weight, you should walk at least 150 minutes per week.
Above mentioned points state that walking is the best among the other weight loss exercise at home that one can perform easily. You can stay active and moving more by walking throughout your day. Incorporate more walking into your lifestyle and enjoy additional health benefits and reduce your risk of disease even further.