There are several ways to lose weight. But all you need to do Is changing your eating habits. These eating habits are few effective tips which actually shown a real impact on many people. These are simple which doesn’t need ...
What is the perfect diet for your English cream golden retriever?
The English Cream Golden Retrievers are one of the most beautiful and gentle dogs. This breed is very popular worldwide, due to the smartness of these dogs. These golden babies are very easy to train, and are really nice to children, making them the ideal choice for an active family.
The correct diet to keep your English Cream Golden Retriever healthy, as recommended by the National Research Council of the National Academies is an average daily calorie intake of 1740, for an active adult weighing 70 pounds.
Another important source of energy for your dog is fat. Your English Cream Retriever’s diet must be 8 per cent of fat for the growing puppies, and 5 per cent for the adults. Fat adds flavour to the food, making the dog food more appealing to your dog. A good source of fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6, fats are good for the skin, coat, heart and the brain of your golden retriever.
When selecting dog food for your English Cream Golden Retriever, look out for the following features:
· A good dog food will feature a couple of meat proteins as the first several ingredients.
· Ensure that the first ingredient is not grain or any other carbohydrate.
· The dog food with meat “digests” or “by-products” are the less desirable ones.
· The premium quality dog food contains meat meals as one of the first ingredients.
· Ensure proper quality of fat, such as chicken fat. Most vitamins are also only fat-soluble. Hence it is all the more important to choose the right one.
· Fish oil in dog food is also provides with the required nutrients, and omega-3, helping to keep the skin and coat healthy.
· Avoid artificial preservatives such as BHA, BHT, and ethoxyquin.
· Also avoid artificial flavours, sweeteners and colourings in the dog food.
· For picking a puppy food, look for the one which includes the compound DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid). It helps in promoting the development of brain in puppies.
· Puppy foods must also have a proper ratio of calcium and phosphorus. The ideal ratio is 1.2:1, i.e. 1.2 parts of calcium to 1 part of phosphorous.
Ensuring that your English Cream Retriever gets all the essential nutrients is another way of ensuring that they lead a healthy, long life. Even when buying from the English cream golden retriever breeders in California, ensure that they have provided your pet-to-be with high-quality food.