Screen recording used to be a tough challenge. Yes, used to be. Before we need a software expert or complicated tools to do it. But user-friendly screen recording software has improved these days. You can make professional-looking tutorials easily now with minimal support. Why do you need a screen recorder?
If you are doing product demonstrations, creating a software tutorial, capturing a video call, providing tech support utilising default screen capture of your computer isn’t enough to get high-quality video. It even helps to capture and trim videos for youtube, social media channels and more. Which is why we rounded the best screen recorders for your needs. Let’s dive in.
1. OBS Studio
This software lacks editing features that make it up for just recording and streaming options. This open-source app allows you to make personalised studio preset video and audio configurations which you can cycle throughout during recording. Their video and audio preset eliminate the requirement to fuss with setting while streamlining live video by OBS’s robust integrations. You can utilise their 44 platforms in the live streaming menu that ranged from big sites like Twitch, Youtube, Facebook to insecure streaming channels like sermon audio.
- Had Recording and streaming
- Video length doesn’t have any restrictions.
- Setting up can take a while.
This software is very easy to use which allows you to capture any area over your screen. It offers the option to include video from your webcam along with narration from the microphone. You can hide or show in the webcam and cursor and access you to import images, audio and videos from further devices. Add and even edit music, system music and narration and add style over shapes, pictures and text.
- You can directly upload it to youtube after recording the video
- You can highlight your mouse
- Easily narrate the video from your microphone
- Recording time limited to 15 mins.
- Watermark is included
- Recording computer audio is not available in the free version.
- Screencasts are included with ads.
- Needs java to run
- The screenshot tool is not offered.
3. Flashback Express
This software is free screen capture which can record webcam, sounds and screen. It sets a time limit over stamps watermark recording or on recording on the output views.
If you are processing Flashback Express over a multi-monitor system, you can record screens over many monitors or either limiting the capitulate to an individual monitor. Users can make use of scheduled recording to begin and finish recording at scheduled timings or else when certain apps are released. You can save videos as AVI, WMV or MP4 and upload videos directly to youtube. Yet paid users can save videos as GIF and set a password for videos.
- You can record multiple monitors
- Publish video to youtube
- Schedule your recordings
- No time limit, as free and no watermark.
- An inbuilt video editor is not offered.
- You can’t record a webcam alone.
This software is widely known as the strong game recording software especially for gamers. It gives the power to record many kinds of 3D/2D games with the help of 4K UHD resorption up to 144 FPS. Users can also record part of the screen, full screen, external video devices like game console and webcam.
Their recording features will please users yet it has no single video editing feature. When integrating with bandicut which is a video cutter that is launched by the same company, you can spilt, join and trik recordings.
- Add texts, capture screenshots, draw while recording.
- Include logo to the screen capture
- Include mouse click animations and effects while recording.
- Record computer sound, webcam, region, full screen and microphone.
- Video output formats such as AVI, MP4 are only included.
- In-built video editors are not offered.
- The editing process is recorded while capturing the screen , creating the video unprofessional.
5. Icecream Screen Recording
This software is the best pick if you are looking for very basic video editing options. Their paid versions enable you to trim the end and beginning of recordings which is limited yet is enough when you need simple screencasts. Their free versions ables you to record video and one output video format for just 5 minutes. Paid versions offer custom watermarks, trimming features and scheduled recordings.
- zoom and draw while recordings
- Hide desktop icons and cursor while recordings
- Include logo to the screen capture
- After recording trim end and the start of videos
- Scheduled recordings are recorded at a particular time.
- You can’t record a webcam solely.
- The editing process is recorded while capturing the screen.
- Video editing features are limited
With this software, users can record professional videos of activity over the computer monitor with less effort. Along with recording videos this software can allow you import HD video within your recording by an external source. This is very different in that it can make engaging videos that have clickable links to produce dynamic video content suited for utilisation in the workplace or classroom.
- Green effects display you as a part of the action
- You can easily incorporate animated items like scrolling text and callouts.
- Google drive association
- Free software to record over mobile devices and transferring into this software for editing.
- Full software or demo is offered only for 30 days.
- You are prohibited from making videos for commercial uses when utilising the free version.
7. iSpring Free Cam
This software is free and especially for window users to support over recording screenshots easily. A wide array of video editing tools and even functions are offered with software that allows you to delete background noises and add audio effects where Videos can be saved as WMV and even upload it over youtube.
- You can edit video and audio to finely recorded screencasts.
- You can save videos in HD formats.
- No Time limit, Ads free and no aftermarket.
- You can upload your edited videos on youtube to share with people.
- Webcam recording is not offered.
- You can save recordings only as WMV.
Tiny lakes developers claimed this software had the best free video recording and screen capture in the market. Tinylake will access you to capture a video about your screen activity, then annotate it and even you can share it over social media.
They advertise themselves as free, simple, rich-featured software even many features are only offered with a paid plan. Their paid plans allow you to eliminate promotions and maximize storage to 2TB. The free plan only offers 5 minutes for the length of video stretching but 120 minutes offered for a business plan and one week.pass.
- Use for free with limited features
- Add graphics for your local drive
- In-built viewer optimized for mobile.
- The free version is not offered for commercial usage.
- Their free version is limited.
That’s all folks. Software that is included in this article is very powerful. What’s your pick?